Sean Olson

explore

Inquire

  • temp

Search

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Peace (Wizards)

Well, today I was going to post a cool artistic piece that I made with topmod. It was a 3d abstract object that rotated on all 3 axis's at once. Problem is, the render of my movie crashed somewhere in between hour 26 and hour 28 of my animation. The upside of this experience is that it motivated me to learn about the "Image Sequencer" in Blender. If you care, here is a link to the tutorial. Basically, using this tool, I can render each frame of an animation to a seperate image file, and then combine them later. No more loosing 26 hours of render time if my system crashes. Yay!

So, since I don't have the cool topmod animation to show you, I'll show you another one of my projects.

When I was young, I was always attracted to the cover art of the movie "Wizards". I recently watched the movie, and it is not very good at all, but that cover art has always stuck in my head. So anyway, I've decided to model it.

Here is the reference image that I am using. The characters name is Peace.

I started work with the weapon in the image.

And Peace himself:
I've modeled some of the other parts of the image as well, but I don't have those images with me at the moment, so I won't be able to post them just yet. You will have something to look forward to now.

No comments:



3d Swamp

Knee Deep in 3d

Theme Modified by Sandy Pec, Sean Olson and licenced under MIT License

3d Swamp | feed

5ThirtyOne and Blogger Templates design | Top