Sean Olson

explore

Inquire

  • temp

Search

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Flood Test

So, I decided I wanted to push the fluid sim a little further and learn how to make a big flood, rolling down an avenue. I started with just trying to get the look of the water right, so there is not much "environment" yet. Right now the street just consists of some boxes and a plane for the street level. Also, though I am pretty impressed with the results, it could use some tweaking. You might notice the water hits the top of the domain, that is a problem. (You want to make the domain as small as possible as it is very memory intensive...and it's memory requirements are exponential with it's size.) The material on the water looks a little "goopy", maybe like dirty toothpaste. I think that could use some work too. But, all in all, I think the proof of concept is in place and looks good. I'm going to have to figure out how to make some nice rain to add to the scene too. As well as lightning!


Flooded Street Concept from Sean Olson on Vimeo.

No comments:



3d Swamp

Knee Deep in 3d

Theme Modified by Sandy Pec, Sean Olson and licenced under MIT License

3d Swamp | feed

5ThirtyOne and Blogger Templates design | Top