Sean Olson

explore

Inquire

  • temp

Search

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The SCV Learning Experience

The SCV taught me a lot. Most of which is that you can take a lot of simple objects, combine them, and make something that looks really cool. Doing this project made me learn a lot of Blenders tools very well including extrude, duplicate, and all of the fun translation, rotation, and scaling tools. One of the biggest things that I learned on this project was how to control subsurf edges. I learned about the Mirror functions and the modifier stack. Ambient Occusion. Curve Manipulation, Lighting etc etc etc. It's really hard actually to catalog this project because so much learning took place. Basically, I can confidently say that this project taught me 3d, and everything since has just been refinement.

Here is a dual-Monitor Desktop background if you want it.

No comments:



3d Swamp

Knee Deep in 3d

Theme Modified by Sandy Pec, Sean Olson and licenced under MIT License

3d Swamp | feed

5ThirtyOne and Blogger Templates design | Top